Interim Interior Minister Sarfraz Bugti said Saturday that the Indian intelligence agency, Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), is behind the terror incidents in Pakistan, a day after two suicide bombings rocked Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, leaving several people dead.

The two deadly suicide blasts involving at least 60 casualties came as the latest terror incidents as the country reels from a rising wave of terrorism for the past one year.

Addressing a press conference in Quetta, Bugti vowed to establish the writ of the state at all costs while fighting against terrorism.

He said that the authorities knew who was involved in these activities and would avenge every drop of blood of Pakistanis.

The minister also pledged to utilise all resources to eliminate terrorism, stressing that there’s no place for militants and their facilitators in the country.

“We know who is doing it and from where,” Bugti maintained.

At least 55 people including a cop died and 60 others were injured when a suicide bomber targeted an Eid Milad un Nabi procession in the remote district of Mastung, Balochistan. Meanwhile in KP’s Hangu, another suicide blast ripped through a mosque, leaving five dead — including a policeman — and 12 injured.

Both attacks took place on Friday during the preparations for Friday prayers and celebrations of Prophet Muhammad’s (PBUH) birth anniversary.

Meanwhile, a case against the suicide attack during the preparation for the Eid Miladun Nabi procession in Balochistan’s Mastung district has been registered against unknown attackers at the Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) police station in Quetta.

The culprits have been booked under the murder, attempted murder, Anti-Terrorism and Explosive Act, a CTD spokesperson told Geo News.

The spokesperson added that investigations are ongoing after the incident, but no arrests have been made so far.

Responding to a question, the federal minister said that the authorities had recovered four footballers from Dera Bugti and the remaining will be recovered soon.

Six footballers, while on their way to Sibbi were abducted from Balochistan’s Jani Bair area of Dera Bugti earlier this month on September 9.

Int’l community condemns attacks

The international community, including the United States, strongly condemned the terrorist attacks in Mastung and Hangu, extending their condolences to the families of the victims of the blasts.

In a statement on X, formerly Twitter, State Department Spokesperson Matthew Miller shared Washigton’s condemnation of the “suicide attacks in Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa that killed and injured worshippers and others.”

The Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs also expressed its condemnation and denunciation of the terrorist attacks, reaffirming the Kingdom’s firm position calling for the rejection of violence and terrorism wherever it occurs.

Besides, United Arab Emirates, Iraq, Algeria, France, Türkiye, and Egypt also condemned the terrorist attacks and expressed condolences over the loss of precious human lives, in their separate statements. 


Discover more from ANINEWS24

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

2023-09-30

Leave a Reply